Suzie Brown Fitness Enthusiast & Entrepreneur InterviewAt Sweat NSK we sometimes like to share features about business leaders in our community who are interested in fitness. We caught up with entrepreneur Suzie Brown from Beverly Hills who is an entrepreneur and a partner at the Pizzeria Il Fico restaurant recently to find out more about her background in business and her interest in fitness and health.
- Tell us about your business.
- I have my own "consulting" (LEADERSHIP AND TRANSFORMATIONAL CHANGE EXPERT, EXECUTIVE AND ENTREPRENUER COACH) business focused on things I have a deep passion for.
o Helping coach individuals and small to mid-size business's to transform and change in order to reach their greatest potential.
o Food and Wine. I am a partner at Pizzeria Il Fico in Beverly Hills
o Design. I collaborated with David Brian Sanders to introduce a furniture line “The Collection” by David Brian Sanders, currently available at DavidBrianSanders.com.
o Yoga. Fitness.
- Why did you decide to start your own business?
- After working for 32 years in sales and marketing growing a specialty media business from a small private company to one of the largest Fortune 500 NYSE companies in our vertical, I decided to go out on my own. My sole motivation was to apply my skills to help individuals, primarily women and small business owners be successful. I am only focused on subjects and people I have passion for!
- What do you like most about what you do?
- I love working with people and watching them blossom and grow. I love to laugh and have fun while creating successful ventures that change the status quo and make a difference.
- One word that describes you as a person?
- Alive! Passionate, Curious, Adventurous, Focused, Compassionate. Lover, Lioness!!
- Can you share a healthy recipe with our readers?
- I love healthy soups and salads. They are easy, tasty and take advantage of the amazing produce we have access to locally. Right now I am really into Carrot Shallot Soup. It’s a recipe I adopted from Alice Waters.
o 4 shallots, Diced.
o 3 tbsps. unsalted butter or olive oil
o 2.5 to 3 lbs carrots, roughly chopped.
o Chicken broth to cover, about 2 to 3 cups or veggie broth.
o Melt shallots over low heat in the butter or olive oil.
o Add chopped carrots to the shallots and sweat for 10 minutes.
o Add broth to cover, cook until the carrots are tender.
o Puree in Vitamix or blender.
o Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
o I like to add a little chopped cilantro or mint depending on your preference.
- What do you do for fitness?
- My fitness passion is yoga. I practice at least 6x a week with Aree Khodai leader of Aree’s Army. www.areesarmy.com
- In addition to Yoga, I love to spin at Soul Cycle with Roarke Walker 3x a week.
- My favorite workout is “Sunday Funday Fitness Double” 1 hour Soul Survivor with Roarke followed immediately with 75 minutes of Yoga with Aree and AreesArmy at Aura Yoga in West Hollywood.
- When I am not practicing Yoga or spinning I like to hike and ride my Elliptigo.
- Favorite active wear designers
- Favorite city
- Hands down, Paris!
(Suzie Brown is seen wearing the Vimmia leggings available now here.