Ragdoll LA Founder Fitness Interview
We spoke to Ragdoll LA founder Lisa Larson recently about how she decided to become a clothing designer, the favorite parts of her job, how she keeps fit, and her favorite movies and books.
1. How did you decide to become a clothing designer?
I have always had a big passion for fashion. I started in finance and then went into buying and production. One thing lead to another and here I am designing. I don’t draw well, but with a background in pattern making it makes it easier.
2. What are the favorite parts of your job and the least favorite parts of your job?
My favorite part is that people like the clothes we make. I love seeing someone in the street wearing Ragdoll! When you have your own company you are very free which is nice, but it also means the job never ends, so that can also be a negative thing. It is so difficult to balance kids and work.
3. What do you like to do for exercise?
Pilates, yoga and hiking.
4. Do you have a favorite healthy recipe you would like to share with our readers?
I make this Asian style salmon over and over. It’s great with brown rice and a salad. You put the salmon in a pan and then add Olive oil, lemon, rice vinegar, ginger, chili, garlic, soy sauce, sesame seeds. Put it in the oven on low temperature and its delicious.
5. If you could travel anywhere next where would you want to go?
Punta Del Este in Uruguay is on the top of my list.
6. What are the 3 items you must carry with you daily in your bag?
Lip conditioner, My phone and my note book.
7. Name a favorite book or author
Jojo Moyes, After you Favorite movie. I really likes The Big Short that is out now.
8. Favorite restaurants
9. Favorite piece in your closet
A faded black vintage tee from Ragdoll. I wear it every day:)